Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Greetings from the MTC

Emily's first letter from the MTC!
September 5, 2013

I love it here at the MTC!  My companion's name is Sorella Yost, and she is from Washington.  She is the SWEETEST girl, and I am glad she's not a nutcase (that's always good).  We are not actually at the Main MTC campus, we are at the West campus.  In fact, we are the first Italian missionaries at the West campus, so they don't even have district or zone leaders for us!  I like west campus, though, more than I thought I would.  There are pros and cons.  Pros are that we are in apartments instead of dorms, and me, Sorella Yost, and two other Sorellas, Sorella Woods and Sorella Carter all share.  We get our own bathroom and KITCHEN!  (Ha ha, the only thing in the refrigerator at the moment is my M&Ms).  The cons are that they don't have a GYM for us yet, and since we share a bathroom we have to really schedule out everyone's showers.  We'll figure it out though.

The MTC is a SMALL WORLD.  Yesterday we took a shuttle to our residence hall (that's another thing, we have to take a shuttle to EVERYTHING), and one of the girls helping get us settled in came to help me roll my bags over to my apartment.  After looking at her name tag and asking a couple of questions I realized that it was EMILY KERBY!  I told her who I was and we had a little fangirl moment...It was great.  Then, later in the day, when we were waiting for the shuttle to pick us up for a class, I turned around and guess who was walking by?  JODIE LEVIE!  It took everything in me to not SCREAM, but I called for her and we hugged and cried, and she went back to BYU and I hopped on the shuttle.  It was AMAZING.

Language study is great, they are really just DIVING into it.  I don't think my teachers have spoken more than a sentence or two of  English to me.  It's crazy!  Well, now e have to go to breakfast, and I should probably blow-dry my hair. Write back soon!  My P-Day is Wednesday, and that's the only day I can check email, so write or email, whichever is faster.  I LOVE YOU ALL and miss you terribly!

Love,
Sorella McPeek
{Proverbs 3:5-6}

No comments:

Post a Comment