Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Amongst the excitement, I can't believe I even forgot to tell you!

My mission call came on Thursday evening!
I decided to wait until Friday evening to open it with lots of friends and family around.
That was crazy, and I spent the next 24 hours cleaning to distract myself from the envelope taunting me on the back of the piano.

But the time finally came, 
And THIS GIRL is going to be serving a mission in...


I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on September 4th, 2013. 
I will prepare to preach the gospel in the Italian language. <3

The mission encompasses pretty much northern Italy. It isn't just Milan, it includes Florence, Siera, Pisa, Venice (!!!), and a wee little chunk of Switzerland, even, that I doubt is very inhabited. 

I have to note, that all throughout this process of preparing and filling out papers, and turning them in, and waiting waiting waiting... Italy has been in the front of my mind. 

I kept thinking that that would be the most perfect, beautiful place to serve a mission. Of course, because I thought that, I also thought that surely the Lord wouldn't call me to serve there. He would call me to somewhere I didn't know I wanted to serve. Like Brazil. Or Boise, Idaho. 

But no, my Heavenly Father wants me to serve Him in beautiful, beautiful Italy.

My mom says that maybe I just wanted to be there because I had a feeling that that was where I needed to be. Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't.
All I know for sure is that I want to be the best missionary I can be for the sweet people of Milan. 
Let the preparation commence!

P.S. 
Here is a video if you were curious as to how freaked out and excited I was when I opened the call. Video credit to the lovely Darci Cole. :)

1 comment:

  1. I finally just read this blog post and saw this video.
    Chills.
    Tears.
    I am so glad I got to be there via iPhone. :)

    ReplyDelete