Saturday, March 2, 2013

Time Management

Remember the silly little post I wrote a couple of weeks ago? The one that was a letter to some imaginary fairies that I wish would smooth my life over?

Well that little letter got me thinking, and then I got all determined to do it myself if the fairies weren't going to do it for me! It's been kind of a whack-a-mole process, because I did take a weekend to totally demolish the mess in my room, but whilst I did that, school textbook reading and even assignments slipped out of my fingers. And then I was trying to pick up the pieces from that, and I realize how quickly my "turning mission papers in" date is coming, and now I'm trying to tackle that. It's exhausting, folks!

Something you need to know about me is that time management is one of the very most difficult weaknesses that Heavenly Father gave me in this life. It is something that I really struggle with. Like, my patriarchal blessing even addresses this problem! For whatever reason, I cannot look at a list of tasks to accomplish without going, 


Like, I was telling this girl in one of my classes a few weeks ago about all the stuff I had to do when I got home. You know, small talk. And this girl is a really nice girl. Like, college buddy kinda girl. And she was like, "Emily. Chill. That's not even that bad.."
And I kinda went,


And realized that she was right,
but it didn't change the fact that all of those little tasks still looked like one big mountain to me. 

So yeah. That's what I deal with on a daily basis. It's fun. 
And I'm trying to work on that, and make that weakness a strength, because you know what they say in Ether 12:27! :)
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that  humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."


So that's my life right now. Sorry I haven't been very exciting lately. It'll get better once I turn in my mission papers.
Like, 
 
For reals. So that will be fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment