Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 1: A Photo of Yourself and a Description of How Your Day Was

{this photograph was taken long ago on my webcam. yay for being bored.}


Today I woke up and tried to make this frozen concoction that I saw on Pinterest. And by tried, I mean, it worked!
Yahoo!
I blended 2 frozen, sliced bananas in the blender, then added a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter, then a couple teaspoons of cocoa. Voila! Ice cream! It was a nice snack later on when it got nice and firm.
Amidst waiting for bananas to freeze, I watched the new episode of Once Upon a Time, of course! Which was so tense! I am dying to see what happens next. :)





That was my favorite scene. Eeep!

Then I did some scriptures study with my fancy-shmancy new(ish) scripture study binder system. I will blog about it one day, because I daresay I have gotten it down to a science. :)

And then I worked out a bit, cleaned out my school stuff, watched the new Lizzie Bennett Diaries episode (I have a bit of a problem with these show addictions, right? It's okay, Lizzie Bennett is only like 6 minutes long...)
Then I talked to my dad about the new Once Upon a Time episode and the fact that everyone I know is getting engaged. 
And then I finally ate my banana-peanut-butter-cocoa mush, did some dishes, and took a shower. 
Shortly after I got out of the shower, my manager called me and offered me an administrative position on top of my current respite job! It's not a big job at all, and it doesn't pay a whole lot, but it pays, right? :)
So I was like,

And then quickly realized that I had a TON of laundry to do and a TON of homework to do. So then I scurried and got on the laundry.

I laundered and cleaned and whatnot, and before I knew it, it was time to go to work! So I drove to work and played an iPad game with my little pal (if you didn't know, for my job I work as a respite and habilitation worker for special needs kids. I get to play and reach goals with an adorable little autistic boy and get paid for it! Best job ever? Yes!). He was getting kind of restless, so we all went on a long walk to the park. I let him run in the grass, and occasionally he would plop himself down to rip grass out of the ground and sprinkle it all over himself. We had fun, and I noticed that he is learning to copy words that we say to him (he doesn't talk hardly at all usually)! I am so excited.
So when we got home from the park, it was time for me to go home, so I got in my car and realized that my valiant attempt to penny pinch had left me with an almost empty gas tank. Like, I was lucky I made it to QuikTrip in time! But I did, and when I got home, I made myself some dinner and went into my bedroom to daydream about my mission complete that awfully tall stack of homework (oh, you know, just a test on how to use PowerPoint, an entire review guide about a textbook chapter I didn't read, and a 6 minute PowerPoint presentation about the High Scope Perry Preschool Program in Michigan)...
And then I finished it all (and did a mighty fine job at it, too, I must say!) at 1:00AM, which is where we are now. Yay. Don't judge me. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment