Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 5: A Photo of You 2 Years Ago

I picked this one because this picture was taken at a time that I was so purely happy. As you can see, I was lacking sleep, I could have definitely used some mascara, and maybe some sunscreen and aloe vera gel, but heck, I was at girls camp. Did you know that girls camp made me happier than almost anything when I was in young womens? Honestly, I can't even think of a time that I could have thought, "Holy cow, I am SO happy right now, and I don't know how life could get better." That sounds kind of dorky, and I know some people didn't enjoy their girls camp experiences as much as I did, but I can honestly say that I never felt better than when I was at girls camp, teaching 12 year old girls to tie knots, reading letters from my mom at the top of a mountain in Camp Lomia, bearing my testimony to my ward, or leading a bunch of morning-grumpy girls in a round of "LET me see your Boogaloo! (What did you say?) I SAID LET me see your Boogaloo! (What did you say?)..." Sigh.

The more I talk about it, the stupider it sounds, but I am totally serious. Girls camp is where it's at. The bee's knees. The cat's pajamas. The hoppin' place to be. I am currently bugging camp leaders to get me in this year as some kind of leader, or cook, or personal assistant (because now I'm too old to go as a young woman... sniffsniff).
Yay girls camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment